Friday, May 27, 2005

The Knight of Fantasia


Fantasia has enthralled me since childhood after watching the film “Never Ending Story.” Still, I can savour the pleasure every time I recollect the memories of that film. When Fantasia and my own day dreams merged, this poem evolved.

The Knight of Fantasia

A beauteous, heavenly, starry night
Decorated with the moon shining bright
There I beheld a majestic garden
With the gate of gold open.

I walked into the garden straight
Along the alley paved with jade
My way’s guided by the lanterns
Along the alley with the light golden.

Everywhere, I perceived the flowers
Under the light of moon the stars
Flora were unearthly and with aroma
Blooming proudly with ethereal colours.

At the alley’s end I perceived
A square lying in grand peace
Standing at the centre of the square
Was a large fountain of white marble.

I heard the splashes of water
Resembling the music of guitar
A pleasant breeze was blowing
Just to enhance the romantic scene.

Savouring the beauty of the night
I noticed somebody appear beside
I perceived a maiden fair
Environed with stardust there.

Language possesses not enough words
I cannot express her fairness thus
But I can say she was a belle
And much fairer than all the fair.

She eyed me with her sparkling eyes
And gave me a graceful smile
She’s the Empress of Fantasia
She said and welcomed me so dear.

I kneeled before her and then
She knighted me with her wand
I thus became the Knight of Fantasia
But others call me a Day Dreamer.

No comments: